Along with the Evasi0n 7 for iOS 7 untethered jailbreak, users have encountered different problems and issues. In this respect, two of the biggest problems people are having with Cydia tweaks are them not working whatsoever or not showing their preferences in the Settings app. Apparently, both of these problems are caused by an incompatibility with the Mobile Substrate and Preference Loader running on the Apple’s latest iOS firmware.
In this respect, there is the possibility to fix this problem manually by reinstalling both MobileSubstrate and PreferenceLoader after the tweak is installed. However, this solution can become quite annoying, especially if you want to install multiple tweaks and apps. In order to get Cydia Tweaks for iOS 7 users can install Bootstrap.
Basically, this app will make both MobileSubstrate and PreferenceLoader to work together just fine. Based on several confessions, it appears that this solution is in fact permanent, and it provides users the help they need for solving the Cydia tweaks not working problem. However, as expected, there is an exception in this case, as well. The solution is does not work on the 64-bit devices with an A7 chip like the iPhone 5S, due to the fact that not all Cydia tweaks are ready to work on Apple’s latest firmware.
How to Install BootStrap on Jailbroken Devices
1. Launch Cydia Store and go to the Manage Tab. Head over to Sources, and tap on the Edit button, where you will be able to see the “Add” option.
2. Enter the following address in the text box that appeared once you tapped on the “Add” button: http://cydia.myrepospace.com/PWN24K/
3. Add this source to the Source list and wait for it to appear in the Cydia Sources section.
4. Search for the PWN24K repo and select the BootStrap package. Install it on your device.
5. Reboot your device for all the changes to take place.
This is all. You have now the possibility to install iOS 7 compatible Cydia tweaks with the help of BootStrap. After installing this package, users did not complain about any other problems and issues. However, it is important to keep in mind to remove BootStrap before updating your device once MobileSubstrate and PreferenceLoader are updated with Support for iOS 7. Otherwise, you will run into big problems.